Monday, May 11, 2009

I dream of what I cannot fathom.

I dream of that moment when I first hold you in my arms
And whisper my love to you and cry

I dream of your little eyes starting into mine
Already glowing because you know how much I love you
For I know you will!

I dream of singing "You are my sunshine" 
As you lay beside me in bed and your little hand holds tightly to my finger

I dream of the moments where you lay between momma and daddy 
And we watch in awe at our creation- You, our precious baby.

I dream of times during worship, where daddy will hold you against his chest
And I will probably cry because it will be the most beautiful sight

I dream of what you might look like
And you always leave me wondering, will you be dark like momma or light like daddy?

I dream of your first little smiles, your first tiny giggles, your first words...
You always leave me wondering what your personality will be!
Will you be shy like momma or bold and courageous like daddy?
Either way I know that your little smile while capture everyone!

I dream of you cuddling against me and falling asleep as I hold you closely
Those moments I will adore.

I dream of watching your daddy talk baby talk to you and you smiling and giggling in return.
I dream of our new little family beginning with excitement and joy!

I dream of who you will become and you finding who you are in Christ!

You are so precious to me, my sweet baby.
You have already taken apart of my heart and I will never ask for it back, 
For you, my baby, I love and will always adore.

I dream of the first moment that I see you and they place you on my chest,
I cannot even fathom the love that I will feel in that moment.

I love you my little sunshine and can't wait to meet you face to face in a few weeks!

Love,




1 comment:

  1. Jami, this brought tears to my eyes as I read it, for many reasons. Mostly, excitement for you for when you do get to meet this baby face to face. You are going to be an amazing mother! Mingling with that is sadness...for when I was at your stage of pregnancy I was grieving the loss of your dad, wondering how to go on without him. You kept me alive...I survived because of you inside me. I was excited to meet you too, but I was so scared. I'm sad that I functioned out of that fear for most of your life. I didn't represent our Lord well to you... BUT, you will do it well. You will redeem the lost things, and this child will be beloved by all BECAUSE of your incredible love for her/him. Thank you for sharing your thoughts so openly. You always inspire me to be a better person, and for that, I am grateful. I love you so much and can't wait to enjoy seeing you as a mother! Love you bunches ~ Madre'

    ReplyDelete