Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Let's Walk Then.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who areChrist’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Galatians 5:16-23


I want to walk in the fruits of the spirit.

I mean r e a l l y WALK not just talk about it. I'm tired of the talking.

I want to grow in each and every one, as they go hand in hand! But there are a few of which stick out to me as extra difficult; longsuffering, self-control and kindness.

I spent the last few weeks taking things into my own hands. Handling situations on my own. And I am weary. I'm weary because I know there is a better way and I'm not walking in it.

I believe that if I really walk in who I am in Christ I will portray the fruits of the spirit. I also want to work on being more mercy oriented rather than justice oriented. It's super difficult for me, but I am tired of constantly trying to make justice happen even everyday battles which mercy needs to be shown.

It's difficult but doable. Especially when I recognize I'm not doing this in my own strength.

Amen for that.

suchprettyrain.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment