Thursday, February 5, 2009

For You My Love.

Weary beyond explanation
Truly tired of placing those Expectations
Longing to soar in the colours of our dreams
Just letting love exist, instead of holding it down

I treated you as though you left me
Though you always stayed right here
I treated you as though you'd changed 
Yet you always remained the same
I treated you in what I thought to be truth
Yet before my eyes your true heart stood
I treated you in disbelief of what you'd spoken to me
And saw your eyes as you took it in,
Which is something I never want to see
I spoke to you with piercing words
And you decided to stay

You continue to amaze me
You have captured my heart
This I know will never change

In those seasons
Where the storms seem to stay 
I know that we can make this
And fight, for it's only rain

"Ash beneath,
Rain above
Such pretty rain
Through all old pain"

So now I run into this change
Into this season ahead
With no expectations, 
Only love

I know you and trust you my love
You're here to stay

Run along, Darling
Don't look back
For truth is to behold
Run along in this love
Fear not, fear nothing

Simply trust
For I am weary of holding onto nothing

You never turned away
You never changed
You never looked away from this dream

The very thing I long for I fear the most
Yet I know in my weakness He is made strong

Words
Words
Words
Please, no more

No longer mere speaking
I'm tired of no action
For what I long to say
Is much deeper than words

- I wrote this in regards to my lack of trust and my fatalistic mindset. I always believed the worst would come. In my relationship with Ted, he kept showing me he is here to stay, yet I believed it was too good to be true. I have grown a lot since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment