Thursday, February 5, 2009

Overcome.

I run along in this storm
As I have many times before
Most times confused, and seemingly torn
For this reminds me of the things of old
My past.

I've run here many times now
In this storm I once thought to be chaos
Yet I knew in my heart
There must be something more
Than wallowing in this fear and self pity

In this storm I can see nothing
No colour, no.
My eyes behold no such thing

Yet I can taste the rain
I can taste the truth now
Though it remains unseen
Though I cannot touch it
I can feel it, surrounding me
Even now as I write
Capturing my breath, with each breeze

A new colour surrounds me now, 
The colour that lay here during each storm
Buried in the dust beneath my feet
Where I stood for so long, longing to be free
Dreaming of a freedom so sweet
Yet since I could not see
I thought I could not taste
Therefore I did not taste of it's goodness

Though I could have, 
Yes all along it was beneath me
Longing to be stirred

Times in these storms I did feel this colour
I sometimes could feel it begin to stir
But each time in fear, I quenched
The very hope I now hold so dear

Come with the wind that surrounds me
A healing colour divine
Walk in this storm, Darling
Taste of its rain
Lift up your head to sing again
Walk in the wind that surrounds you

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil
For you are with me
Period.

You have overcome,
I am in You, therefore
I have overcome

 - This can really only make sense to me, but I wrote this after reading John 16:33 " These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." 





No comments:

Post a Comment