Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'll take the food poisoning, please.

Yesterday I was extremely sick with food poisoning
But that isn't what aches the most.

My closest loved ones are hurting.
One possible more than ever before.
And the other is in utter confusion and despair.

I have been challenged to trust God despite the circumstances
But today I stand in frustration and confusion. Why is everything around us falling apart?

How could God bring my sister this far, only to take away the very thing needed the most?
Healing, positive people surrounding her, a time set apart with Him.

She too has such a hard time trusting God and then this?
I am at a loss of understanding.

I don't understand why people couldn't help her and those I know that could have but just didn't.

I wish I had what she needs to stay.
I wish I could have helped, even just a little bit.

I was thinking about what I could sell this weekend but it's too late.
The grace period is up...

God, it's hard to understand what you were thinking here.
And it makes me wonder, are really controlling this situation?
I mean, is this your doing?
I am realizing more and more how hard trusting is while living in this world of sin and selfishness.
Please, Father, guide her, love her, speak to her and if possible MAKE A WAY for her to stay!
All things are possible with you.

That is what I will cling to now.

4 comments:

  1. Jami, what is the amount of your sister's financial need? Comment & let me know if you can...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a lot! i think with tuition and outreach 4,000 plus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. I thought, hey, I could help a bit. But you're right, that is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it is. She is heading home tomorrow. God must have a bigger picture here, one we have yet to see.

    ReplyDelete